Located just 10 minutes north of Coeur d’Alene, this unique marathon course goes completely around Hayden Lake on hilly, challenging forest-lined roads.
Enjoy breathtaking views while running past golf courses, lakes, horse pastures, farms, and North Idaho forests. All three distances start and finish at Hayden Lake’s Honeysuckle Beach, a beautiful neighborhood park overlooking Hayden Lake and surrounding mountains.
Come experience North Idaho and its beautiful world-class recreation scenery.
- Packet pick-up: Packet pick up will be at the North Idaho State Fairgrounds Building 4056 N. Government Way, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, 83815. There’s tons of parking. Enter off of Government Way, just north of Kathleen Ave. Times and days will be announced closer to the race.
- Start Location: All distances will start and finish at the Honeysuckle Beach Boat launch on Hayden lake. The start line address is 2369 E Honeysuckle Ave.
- Start Times: Start times will be announced as we get closer to the race.
- Gear Check: We will have an athlete only gear check corral in which athletes will drop their bag at a pre-labeled area based on their bib number. Volunteers will not handle any gear bags. Volunteers will staff the entry and exit of the gear check area to make sure bags match the bib number of each runner entering and exiting. Bib numbers will be required to enter and exit the gear check corral. For safety purposes volunteers may ask to look inside of gear bags.
- Parking: Parking information and maps will be updated closer to the race.
- Awards: There will be awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall for male and female in each distance. There will also be first place age group awards for each distance. Award ceremony times will be announced as we get closer to race weekend.
- Toilets: Toilets will be available roughly every 3-5 miles throughout the course and near the start / finish area.
- Aid Stations: Water, sports drink, gummy bears, and gels will be provided at each aid station. Water will be provided at the starting line. First aid will be located at all Aid Stations on each course, and at the Finish Line.
- Aid Stations for the marathon will begin at mile 3, and be spaced every 2 miles thereafter (distances between Aid Stations may deviate slightly due to road shoulder width along the course). The last on-course Aid Station will be at mile 25.
- The 1/2-marathon course will have Aid Stations every 2 miles.
- The 1/4-Marathon course will have an aid station at the “3-miles to go” mark.
- Finish Area: We will have water, sports drink, and heavy post race snack options for all finishers. Food for purchase will be available from our food vendors and sponsors. Race merchandise will also be available near the finish.
- Finisher Photos: SMILE! We will have an automated camera set up at the finish line that is triggered by our timing box when you cross the finish line. These photos will be available on the results page within 72 hours after the race. The more visible your bib number is, the easier it is for our automated software to tag your photo with your bib so you can find it easily post race. If your bib number was not visible, you can still search all the finish photos to find your photo. Finishers may also take a photo at the photo backdrop after their finish.